Among pianos, each size possesses a unique character with distinctive tonal qualities. The impressive tone of the 5’2″ GL-20 baby grand piano is enhanced not only by its longer scale design that provides more bass response, but also by the addition of Dual Duplex Scaling that allows the extreme ends of the piano’s strings to vibrate and produce additional harmonics that enliven tone. Dual Duplex Scaling is an important design element that helps make possible the beautiful singing quality of the GL-20.
We invite you to experience this extraordinary instrument, an important member of the renowned GL Series line of grand pianos that was named Global Music Industry “Product of the Year” by MMR Magazine in 2016.
- Kawai’s Exclusive Millennium III Action – Featuring ABS-Carbon Technology with Carbon Fiber
- Stretcher Over-Lap Integrated Design (SOLID) – Double-width Stretcher Bar for optimum strength
- Extended Length Keysticks – For more even response from the front to the back of each key
- Concert-Length Key Buttons – Doubled length for maximum energy transfer and optimum power
- Solid Spruce Precision Tapered Soundboard – Permanently crowned for long-term tonal stability
- Dual-Duplex Scaling – For added tonal richness
- Solid Brass Agraffes – For even string spacing and easier tuning
- Multi-Grip 11-Ply Laminated Pin Block
- V-Pro Plate – Gray Iron with “Crossbone” Design
- Steel-Reinforced Keyslip for strength and stability to avoid sticking keys
- Steel-Reinforced, Multi-Laminated Keybed for strength and optimum energy transfer
- Ultra-slow “Soft Fall” Fallboard Closing System
- KAWAI Ten Year FULL Transferable Manufacturer’s Warranty
- Length: 5''2" (157 cm)
- Width: 59" (150 cm)
- Height: 40" (102 cm)
- Weight: 661 lbs. (300 kg)
Free ground level delivery within the Bay Area. Some charges may apply for steps or additional difficulties.